Berry Cobbler

This is one of my favorite desserts. I love berry pies, but I think I like this even better because you get a lot more berries and a fluffy biscuit topping. Delicious and great for family style eating. Serves 10-12.

Berry Filling:
1 21oz can blackberry pie filling
3 cups fresh or frozen berries
½ cup orange juice
-Mix and pour into 9x13 pan. Heat uncovered for 10-15 min. until bubbly @ 400
Biscuit topping:
1 TBS sugar
1 cup flour

3 TBS butter (or cream)
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup orange juice
Mix and save to top biscuit topping:
2 tsp sugar and 1/8 tsp cinnamon

-Combine and drop in spoonfuls on heated berry topping. Sprinkle sugar/cinnamon mixture. Bake an additional 25-30 min. until topping is golden brown. Serve with scoop of favorite vanilla ice cream (my favorite is Breyers Natural Vanilla)

No comments:

Post a Comment