Hearty Tortilla Soup

This is a chicken tortilla soup recipe I've created after combining a couple of different recipes that I like. Normally tortilla soup doesn't have much besides broth and chicken, but I like all the extra goodies :-) I also think serving the soup with avocado on top is a MUST!

Saute for 7min:
2 TBS olive oil

1 medium yellow onion, finely diced

1 red bell pepper, diced

Add and simmer 10 minutes:

2 14 oz cans chicken broth

1 14 oz can stewed tomatoes (blended for smoother soup broth)

1/2 tsp cumin

2 tsp Forrest Spice Herb Mix
1/4 tsp chili powder

1-2 cups cooked chicken

1 14 oz can white northern beans, drained

1 10oz can corn

1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)

salt/pepper to taste

3 TBS lime juice


-Garnish with shredded cheese, sliced avocado, and tortilla strips/chips. You may also serve with additional lime slices. Yum!
-If you don't have the Forrest Spice Herb Mix made up, add extra cumin and chili powder. You can also add jalepeno or dried ancho chilies for a little heat. I tend not to make it too spicy since my children don't like it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment