Chase's Favorite Gnocchi

My husband introduced me to gnocchi. I didn't really like it at first since it always tasted a bit soggy and doughy. I have since perfected it to MY liking and share the recipe with you! Like any pasta, there are endless sauces you can make, but below you'll find my favorite. You can make your own gnocchi from scratch, but it is SO easy and quick to just buy the pre-made kind. I've been able to find mini or regular sized wheat or wheat/sweet potato gnocchi at Walmart, Target, Italian stores, or health food stores.

Prep time: 10-12minutes
Serves 4
1 package gnocchi
1 TBS oil
-Don't follow package directions for cooking! Instead, empty package of gnocchi into non-stick pan and add 1 TBS oil. Fry the gnocchi in pan for approx. 7 minutes at medium/high heat until gnocchi begins to get brown around the edges stirring occasionally.

Add:
Sauce (approx amounts):

1/2 c. Organice Tomato basil pasta sauce
1/4 c. cream
1/4 c. basil pesto
-Garnish with grated pecorino romano cheese and fresh basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment