Taco Soup (chicken or beef)

I love taco salad, so I guess it makes sense that I love this hearty taco soup (I often even use leftovers for "taco salad" the next few days).  Fall is never complete if I don't whip up some of this.  My family loves this meal.  It is also a great meal for entertaining.

Makes 6-8 servings
Ingredients:
1 c. ground beef (cooked) or 1 c. cooked/diced chicken
1 medium onion, chopped
2 bell peppers chopped (any color)
1.5 oz taco seasoning
1 16 oz can corn
1 16 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 14 oz can stewed tomatoes (blend this up before adding if you don't like huge tomato chunks)
1 14 oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 14 oz can tomato sauce
1 4 oz can green chilies
Tortilla chips, cheese, avocado(a must in my opinion!), sour cream, fresh tomatoes for topping
1.  Caramelize onion in 3 TBS olive oil over medium heat for 7-10 minutes.  
2.  Add all other ingredients (except toppings) and simmer on low for 20-30 minutes.  
3.  Serve warm with desired toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment