Vegetarian Taco Salad

Taco Salad is one of my husband's favorite meals. We eat some form of this taco salad at least once a week. My recipe varies slightly every time I make it depending on the beans in my pantry...and every other batch I usually make a bean/meat mixture omitting the carrots and pepper and adding 1 1/2 cups browned hamburger meat.

Carmelize with a little olive oil:

1 large yellow onion
Add:
1 large red bell pepper, diced
1 bag shredded carrots
3 cans black beans, drained
2 cans kidney beans, drained
2 cans pinto beans, drained
2 15 oz cans plain tomato sauce
1 15 oz can diced petite tomatoes (optional)
1 TBS prepared mustard
1/4 cup water
Taco Seasoning to Taste

-Serve warmed bean mixture over bed of lettuce. Top with shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, fresh guacomole, chips, etc.
-This freezes very well! You can also use this as a filling for quesadillas or tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment