Applebee's Oriental Salad


I was the 4th of 5 children growing up.  My mom was pretty worn out in the cooking department by the time I was in high school.  We had take-out about once a week.  Applebees Chicken Oriental Salads was one of those takeout meals.  A sister-in-law recently reminded me of this salad I used to love.  It tastes just as good as I remember!  This is very easy and simple, especially if you use pre-breaded chicken from Costco.  Just bake and slice the chicken, and throw a combination of all the other vegetable goodies in a bowl, whisk up some dressing in less than a minute and you have a delicious meal!

Dressing:
3 TBS honey
2 TBS seasoned rice vinegar
1 TBS sesame oil
1/4 cup mayonnaise
-Whisk until smooth and creamy

Salad (use any combination of the following)
Romaine
napa cabbage
red cabbage
red pepper
canned mandarine oranges, juice drained
carrots
cucumber
green onions
sliced almonds
dry chow mien or rice noodles (or dried ramen noodles work too)
cooked breaded chicken, sliced

No comments:

Post a Comment