Zucchini Crisps

I've never really liked pickles, but recently I had some amazing FRIED pickles.  Oh they were amazing!  I'm not a big fan of most Southern food here in NC, but pickles were meant to be fried!
 When I saw this recipe I had to give it a try.  It is definitely not the same thing, but these are very tasty too (and of course much healthier!)

Ingredients 
Serves 4 as a snack

1 large zucchini, sliced into rings
1 cup almond flour (I ground whole almonds using my blender to make flour)
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon thyme
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions
Preheat oven to 450°F.
-lightly spritz 11x17 baking sheet with oil (or use parchment paper and set aside.
-In a small bowl lightly beat the egg.  In a separate bowl combine almond flour, salt, garlic powder, thyme and black pepper.
-Dip zucchini slices in the egg and let excess drip off, drop in the almond flour mix
bowl to coat. P
lace coated zucchini slices onto the lined baking sheet.
-Bake 10 minutes then flip and bake another 10 minutes (total time 20 minutes).
-Serve immediately with a favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment