Mango with Sweet Sticky Rice

My children love this easy and simple mango sticky rice recipe. I don't have any fancy rice cooking tools, and I know that this may be not quite as authentic, but it is my easy go to version.  I usually use Jasmine rice which I always have on hand. And if I'm being honest, I kind of wing the ratio of ingredients quite a bit...!!!
 (Picture from aducksoven.com)


INGREDIENTS

    • 3 cups cooked warm glutinous (sweet) rice
    • 1 13.5 oz can cups well-stirred canned unsweetened coconut milk
    • 3 tablespoons sugar (add more if you like it sweeter)
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • Diced fresh, bottled, or frozen (defrosted) mangos (preferred frozen brand is Trader Joes frozen mango chunks). 
    • You can sprinkle a little cinnamon or nutmeg on top if you'd like as well.  You can also add extra milk (any kind) if you want it a saucier.

No comments:

Post a Comment