Pie Crust for 2 pies (or double crust pie)

This is my go to pie crust recipe.  
Using butter is a MUST in my pie making kitchen:)  
This recipes originally comes from the classic Better Homes and Gardens cookbook...tracing back to my college days and my brother-in-law teaching me how to make pie!
Picture from Food Network


INGREDIENTS for 2   9" Pie Crusts
2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
12 TBS (1 1/2 sticks) butter
6 TBS ice water

Combine sugar, salt, and flour.  Cut in (or pulse in food processor which I never do because I don't want to clean it) butter.  Add water until dough comes together. Add more water 1 TBS at a time if necessary.  DO NOT OVERMIX.  Let dough sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes (optional).

Divide dough in half.  Roll out to size of pie dish using flour as necessary to prevent sticking.  Gently move rolled out pie crust into pie pan and press gently into sides and bottom.  Using knife, trim excess dough that exceeds edge more than a 1/2 inch.  Fold under extra dough then pinch/flute edges.

Bake according to Pie directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment