Spinach Salad with Pomegranate Dressing

This is a salad I've created after eating many similar salads at restaurants. You can use any sort of sweet berry-like dressing, or you can try my dressing recipe below. You'll find I tend to make my own salad dressings. They are so easy and you don't have extra preservatives...

Spinach (can use other lettuces too)
craisins or fresh pomegranate seeds
diced apple or firm pears or apples
crumbled blue cheese (can use feta, but I prefer blue cheese for this)
sliced radishes (optional)
sugared or toasted pecans (every salad needs a crunch!)

Pomegranate Dressing:
1/4 c. pomegranate balsamic vinegar
1/3 c. light olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
14 grinds fresh pepper
1 TBS white sugar

-Note: Cuisine Perel sells many different kinds of specialty vinegars. It is a bit expensive, but you can make a lot of dressing from one bottle (and I think it's worth it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment