Steamed Artichokes

These are a fun thing to have once in awhile. My first experience with eating a whole artichoke was after having my second baby. My sister-in-law brought them with her meal, and I loved them! They actually don't have a ton of flavor, so you need a good dipping sauce. As you get closer and closer to the center of the artichoke, you can eat more and more of the leaf.

I think artichoke season is March-May so now is the time to buy them :-) To prepare, cut of a little bit of the top and most of the stem. Then Steam for 15-25 minutes. To test for doneness, poke skewer into stem. If it goes in easily, they are done. You can also pull out a leaf. If they pull out easily they are done.

Sauce for 2-3 artichokes:
1/4 c. mayo
1 tsp French's mustard
1/2-1 tsp dill (I like a lot!)

1 comment:

  1. These are some of Allison's favorites!! We just got a couple today at Whole Foods. We like ours with a little melted butter and lemon dip. Yum!

    ReplyDelete