Carrot Mousse Cake


















Here is a recipe from my sister-in-law. If you're eating super healthy...it could be dessert, but I consider it more of a yummy vegetable side dish! Most people think it is sweet potatoes. I think next time I make this, I might try adding some cinnamon since I love cinnamon...


Steam for 5-7 min:

7 large carrots
Drain water, place steamed carrots in blender and add:
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. honey (1/3 c. if you like it sweeter)
1 1/2 tsp ginger
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt

-Let blender cool in fridge for 15 minutes, then add to blended mixture 2 eggs. Blend carrot mixture until smooth. Pour into 9x9 glass pyrex pan. Sprinkle 1/2 c. unsweetened shredded coconut on top.
-Bake uncovered at 300 for 50-60 minutes.
Eat warm, cold, or at room temp.

No comments:

Post a Comment