Cheesy Southern Biscuits

These aren't exactly "healthy," but I thought I would share them anyway because they are so amazingly delicious :-) and are definitely worth the indulgence! My sister-in-law was kind enough to share the recipe with me. I added more spices because I like the extra flavor punch. Here's to my husband's favorite Southern food--biscuits!  These are a fun appetizer as well by baking small ones!
1 tsp olive oil
2 c flour
1 TBS baking powder
1 TBS dried parsley
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp salt
1 tsp white sugar
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
5 TBS butter
1 c milk (a little bit more if dough too dry)
-Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Using olive oil, grease a baking sheet (or use parchment).

-With a fork, mix together the flour, baking powder, parsley, thyme, salt, sugar, and cheese in a bowl. Cut the butter into the flour mixture in coarse chunks, then use the fork to further cut the butter into the flour-cheese mixture until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Lightly stir in the milk just until the dough holds together.
-Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven until risen and golden brown, 20-25 min. Makes 12 large or 18 medium biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment