Apple Caramel Cake

This new recipe disappeared VERY fast at our house. Hope you like it too!

2 c. wheat flour (or 1/2 wheat 1/2 white)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cloves
1/8 tsp nutmeg
3/4 c. light olive oil
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 medium Granny Smith apples**, chopped in small chunks--no need to peel skin
1/2 c. pecans, chopped (optional)
-Heat oven to 350. At medium speed, beat oil, eggs, vanilla, and sugar for 2 minutes. Stir in everything else. Spoon batter into greased bundt pan. Bake 50-55 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire wrack.
-Serve with plain, with whipped cream or with caramel glaze (below).
**I've also used jazz, honey crisp, fuji, and Golden Rush apples

Caramel Glaze (optional)
1/2 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. milk
-In saucepan bring all ingredients to a boil. Boil for 1 minute. Spoon half of glaze over the cake. Set remainder aside.
-To serve, cut warm cake into pieces. Drizzle with a little additional glaze and if desired, whipped cream.

2 comments:

  1. Are there really no eggs in this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's got to be eggs! I can't find my original paper recipe that I cut out from a newspaper...I'm guessing as I was editing this I deleted the "egg" part! I'm guessing 2 eggs...so now I'll have to remake it and see if it turns out!

      Delete