The BEST Cobb Salad

I always associated Cobb salad with ranch dressing and Cheddar cheese until I read an article in the Wall Street Journal .  The article highlighted the Brown Derby Restaurant which I knew about from watching I Love Lucy growing up.  Love that show!  Anyway I made the Cobb salad recipe highlighted in the article.  It was delicious.  I actually prefer the dressing recipe slightly better that comes from Cooks Illustrated. 

So Cobb Salad with a Dijon vinaigrette and blue cheese is mighty might tasty.  Give it a try! 



Salad (any mixture of the following):
Iceberg lettuce
Romaine lettuce
cherry tomatoes
roasted or poached chicken
bacon
hard-boiled eggs
avocados
chives (or green onions)
red bell peppers
radishes
carrots
cucumbers
blue cheese crumbles

Vinaigrette Dressing:

2 TBS red-wine vinegar
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
1 medium clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp sugar
2 TBS lemon or lime juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment