Citrus Beet and Avocado Salad

 

Image Credit: Chelsea's Messy Apron
My sister and I made this recipe together.  So now every time I make it I think of her!  I love that about cooking.  It rekindles memories and reminds us of friendships and family.  

This salad is so beautiful and delicious.  It is a nice and creative switch up to your typical salad.  If you can't find all of the different kinds of oranges, just use 1-2 kinds.

Orange Vinaigrette Dressing:
2 TBS fresh navel orange juice + 1 tsp zest
1 tsp dijon mustard
2 TBS honey
2 TBS apple cider vinegar
2 TBS olive oil
salt/pepper

Salad:
4 beets
2 naval oranges
2 tangelos
2 cara cara oranges
2 blood oranges
2 avocados
1/3 c. goat or feta cheese
1/3 c. coarsely chopped lightly salted pistachios
Optional-but highly recommend!: fresh mint or basil



No comments:

Post a Comment