Steamed Vegetables with Secret Sauce




This is a repost with a more appetizing picture. This is the most common thing we eat at our house.  It basically is a side dish (or main dish) for every meal we have.  I crave this!

My mother-in-law introduced me to the idea of eating a big bowl of steamed vegetables (broccoli is always the main base vegetable in any combination) for breakfast.  I LOVE IT! I know it sounds weird, but it just starts the day right.  Do I always have this for breakfast?  Nope!  I am not always on top of things and I find cereal is often just easier, but it is still my preferred breakfast meal.  My children also enjoy eating their "veggies" for breakfast after which they often also eat either a whole grain cereal or whole grain toast with whipped butter.

My two most common preparations are:
1. Steamed with Forrest Lime Dressing (the secret sauce!!!) poured on AFTER you steam veggies
2. Steamed veggies then seasoned with salt, lemon pepper, and a little whipped butter

Combination ideas--really anything goes!:
-Carrots, broccoli, and yellow onion (the onion is a secret ingredient that makes it extra tasty.  You just need a little bit)
-Carrots, brussel sprouts, broccoli, and onions
-Green Beans, red bell peppers, carrots, onions, and asparagus
-Broccoli, asparagus, kale, swiss chard, onion, and carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment