Chips and Salsa Extraordinaire

We eat a lot of chips and salsa! Whenever I eat at a Mexican Restaurant, I'm always full by the time my food comes! Here's a 1/2 fresh/1/2 canned recipe I got from a friend. Of course you can always buy fresh salsa from the store too. Let me know if you have a recipe you like better than this :-) I'm always game to try a tried and true favorite!

1 14 oz can stewed tomatoes
20 dashes Tabasco sauce
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp sugar
1 TBS olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 TBS lime juice
2 jalapeno peppers seeded and diced finely
-Blend all of the above until smooth.
Add:
4 diced tomatoes
1/4 of a red onion, diced finely
-You can always heat up the salsa by adding more Tobasco or adding the seeds of the jalepeno peppers...
-This works great with quesadillas, taco salad, burritos, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment